We hope that all of our families have a happy and safe break over the next two weeks.
Please remember that school is closed for a training day on Monday 4th January. We look forward to welcoming the children back into school on Tuesday 5th January 2021.
Christmas Jumper Day Total
Thanks to all of your generous donations, we raised a total of £130 for Overgate Hospice from Christmas Jumper Day.
Please continue to check your emails regularly throughout the school holidays, as this is how school will be in touch with any Covid updates and information.
If your child tests positive for Covid-19 during the Christmas break, it is essential that you contact school to let us know. Please email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Place Applications
If your child is currently in Nursery or Year 2, please ensure that you have filled out their application for a school place for September 2021 on the Calderdale Admissions site. The closing date for applications is 15th January 2021. Please phone or email the school office if you need any help with your application.
And finally, please find a message from Calderdale Public Health Team:
Message from the Calderdale Children’s Public Health Team
The Government’s announcement that we can form a “Christmas bubble” over the festive break gives us all a much longed for opportunity to meet up with friends and family, some of whom we may not have seen for many months. It is important though that we do this as safely as possible, so as not to put those we love at increased risk.
- Christmas bubbles can be made up of people from up to three households. You can only be in one Christmas bubble though, so you can’t change your bubble from day to day.
- If you’re meeting indoors over Christmas, try to keep some distance from others; keep windows open as much as the weather allows; wash your hands often; and wipe down frequently touched surfaces regularly.
- If anyone in your household develops any of the three main COVID-19 symptoms, arrange a test and don’t meet with friends and family.
- Look after friends and family who are clinically vulnerable by reducing contact with them.
Remember, you don’t have to meet up with others over the Christmas break if you don’t feel comfortable doing so. Unfortunately, COVID-19 hasn’t gone away. If you are struggling, there is help available:
- Calderdale Council COVID-19 support: 01422 392890 (continued below/ on the reverse)
- Citizens Advice: 0300 330 9048
- Healthy Futures Calderdale (for families with school-aged children): Tel 0303 330 9974 or text 07480 635297 (young people) or 07507 332157 (parents/carers)
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Samaritans: 116 123