Welcome to Tuel Lane Infant School & Nursery
Our school was built in 1879. The Victorian building has a quirky charm and many original features. Inside, it is bright and welcoming with a warm and friendly atmosphere.
We have 5 classrooms, Rabbits, Badgers, Hedgehogs, Squirrels and Foxes and a 42 place Nursery.
Tuel Lane staff are enthusiastic, skilled and have boundless energy!!
Most children leaving Tuel Lane at the end of Key Stage 1 (aged 7) transfer to Christ Church Junior School. From there, most attend Ryburn Valley High School. Each year some children successfully pass entrance exams to Crossley Heath School or North Halifax Grammar.
During our last OFSTED inspection (January 2018) Her Majesty’s Inspector said….
- This school continues to be good and there is a clear vision for improvement.
- You are focused on ensuring that the school remains at the heart of the community.
- Children make good progress overall.
- Pupils are confident and self-assured and their behaviour is good.
- Your careful focus on developing the whole child ensures that children learn well and also enjoy their childhood.
Our intention is to help every pupil to be happy, healthy, confident and successful. We are proud of our safe, engaging, child- friendly environment. Our children work together and care for each other.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills are at the heart of our curriculum, but we are very proud of our strong teaching and learning in Music, Art and P.E.
The relationship between home and school is very important to us. We make sure Tuel Lane is open, approachable and welcoming to parents at all times. Parents are involved in Family Learning, open days and frequent consultations.
You are very welcome to come and look around school, meet the staff and talk to the children.
I am very proud of our school and of the flying start it gives to our young pupils.
I look forward to meeting you.